A Trusted Adviser for Rising Middle Market Companies
Originally from South Africa/Europe, Marc has resided in Atlanta for over 21 years. He is a Strategy and Mergers and Acquisitions professional with 25+ years of experience.
As an Investment Banking Advisor with US Strategic Capital, Marc handles all areas of transactions from origination, through execution and closing. Through his career, he has completed 100+ transactions worth over $3bn in over 30 countries.
Also, he has consulted with many companies to help the prepare for sale, improve growth and profit, reduce waste and develop their strategy. This work has been on increasing the value of the companies in preparation for an exit at some later point.
Marc's expertise and focus include:
- Preparing companies for sale for them to realize 10 - 20% more in an exit event
- Specialization in assisting owners of private companies to maximize their value on exit
- Handling all areas of the transaction from marketing, valuation, negotiation through closing
- Assisting companies in understanding the impact of their strategic and financial decisions on their value
Perception is critical! You need a sustainable competitive advantage, a strategy, engaged management, documented processes, budgets and variance analysis and review financials. Marc has worked with both domestic and international companies helping them and their various operations around the world. Having lived in five countries and worked in over 30, he understand the issues of working in foreign markets and help companies navigate them.
- British-American Business Council of Georgia - Events Chair
- Technology Association of Georgia, Chair - Corporate Development Society
- Atlanta Society Finance and Investment Professionals - Marketing Chair
- Technology Association of Georgia, International Business Chapter
- South African South Eastern American Chamber - Founding Member and Finance Director
- Society of International Business Fellows
- Jerusalem House
- Alliance of Merger and Acquisition Advisors
- Association of Corporate Growth
- Atlanta Society of Finance and Investment Professionals
- CFA Institute
- Southern Capital Forum
- Vistage International
- British American Business Council of Georgia
- Bachelor of Arts, (Hons.), Economics, University of Reading, Reading England
- Masters of Business Administration, A.B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University, New Orleans
- Juris Doctor (Cum Laude), Tulane Law School, Tulane University, New Orleans
- CFA Charterholder
- FINRA Licenses Series 7, 24, 63, 79 and 99
- Accredited Mindshop Facilitator
- Certified Merger & Acquisitions Advisor
Aside from his work, he enjoys snow skiing, squash and taking courses to expand his horizons.